How To: Quickly Grow Your Edges and Hairline Back When Nothing Else Works
discovered that I had PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) many years ago due to the side effects it caused me. My weight increased rapidly, my periods became irregular to say the least and the development of other symptoms led doctors to my diagnosis. None of the ramifications from the disorder hurt me more than the changes that took place with my hair. The most noticeable part for me was when my hairline vanished. I was suffering from male pattern baldness and I had no hairline. I could not wear bangs nor could I effectively wear weaves because I did not want to show how far back my hairline had receded. I thought I would be stuck wearing lakefront wigs forever in order to have the illusion of a hairline that was even remotely close to where it was supposed to be.
On Second Thought, No More Lacefronts for Me
I had a fiancé at the time of my diagnosis and let’s just say that we were having some late night fun one evening, and the wig that I had on came off. I mean it just fell off! I was a newbie at the application of the lacefront and in that moment I was so embarrassed that I knew that wigs were not going to work for me. This meant that I would absolutely have to grow my hairline back. I had been massaging my scalp whenever I took my wig off and I had also applied the newest and the best hair growth oils and I couldn’t even get baby hairs to grow in, let alone a hairline.
Research, Research and More Research
My common sense allowed me to realize that I would have to find very potent, undiluted natural oils that would penetrate deep into my scalp. Not only that, but I thought that if I could find a way to force the oils even deeper then that would cause my follicles to become stimulated more than enough to grow in. It’s great to massage your scalp to bring blood flow but that is more effective when there is hair already present and you are looking to increase thickness. Where there is little to no hair present, the protocol needs to be specialized and aggressive.
After reading medical journals about the latest experiments in hair loss and alopecia, I stumbled across two specific studies. The first study was done using a combination of aromatherapy oils. I decided to pick Rosemary oil out of the blend. This is due to the fact that I have read about the results of many people using this oil in combination with carrier oils. The second study spoke of Garlic oil which was used in combination with another therapy as an enhancement. This let me know that garlic was a great addition to boost other oils and treatments. I thought that if I used Rosemary oil in conjunction with Garlic oil as a carrier that they would both be powerful enough to reach the level of stimulation that I needed. I was also on a hunt to find a system that would force these oils into my scalp in a healthy way. This is when I discovered micro needling or dermarolling. I read numerous studies and medical articles about micro needling increasing the transdermal absorption of oil and serums many times over.
The Method for Regrowth
I ordered a .75 dermaroller online in order to do my micro needling. I found an empty eight ounce bottle and put four ounces of Garlic oil and two ounces of Rosemary oil in and I shook it up before every usage. Every night I applied a thin layer of the oil formula to my hairline and then I would pass the dermaroller over the area in the same direction, lifting the roller on each pass. After rolling horizontally, I rolled vertically and then diagonally in opposite directions.
It took less than two weeks for me to begin to see tiny hairs popping up everywhere. By the time five weeks had passed, my hairline was almost back to where it had been before PCOS had taken its toll on my body. It took nine weeks in total to restore my hairline back to its original shape, thickness and height.
- Get a dermaroller that is at least .5 in length. I used the .75 for better absorption. There is no need to use a dermaroller longer than .75. Ebay has good quality dermarollers that are very affordable in pricing.
- Get an empty bottle with a spout and mix your oils. Shake well before each use. Rosemary and Garlic oil should not be used with other oils because I found that the pure undiluted form was more potent than mixing it with oils that had other additives that did not add to the restoration of my hair.
- Apply your oil mixture and dermaroll. Use your dermaroller nightly for at least 3 minutes per section. Roll in every direction but do not drag the dermaroller to change directions and do not roll back and forth. Do not apply too much pressure. This process should never draw blood. Apply just enough pressure to ensure the oils seep within your scalp. Your scalp should feel tender for an hour but it should not hurt,
- Tie your hair up after you have allowed at least 20 minutes for the mixture to sink in and the microneedling holes that you have created to close properly.
- Cleanse your dermaroller by running hot water over it and store it in the package it came in. You must thoroughly cleanse your dermaroller once per week. Cleanse via the instructions that came with your particular brand of dermaroller.
- There are plastic and metal dermarollers. I used a plastic roller for my protocol and I was able to get a good grip as I hear the metal ones aren’t as stable when used longer.
- After a few months the needles will become dull. But by then if you are doing this right, your hair should be restored. You do not have to continue using the dermaroller or the oils to maintain your regrowth. Once it grows back it will continue to grow. Remember to take care of your new hair and enjoy!