If the glare of your nose blinds you as you walk out of your front door for work each morning, then perhaps you have an oil issue, or at the least combination skin. By now, you should have heard that dabbing instead of wiping is better in controlling oil build up. Fact ofthe matter is, no matter what you do the oil always comes right back again. I am about to share a little secret with you that works for every skin type no matter the severity of the oil build up. In fact, you just need to do it once in the morning as you apply your makeup.
There are countless drug store brands that claim to be long lasting matte applications, but not many actually do the trick. Over the years, I have spent tons of cash in pharmacies and drugstores looking for something to combat my oily skin. Like you, I have tried all of the latest and greatest products only to find that they make my face look even worse! From mud masks to toners and everything in between, still nothing worked. I tried nearly every oil-free soap my local drug store sold but they only made my face tight, dry, and oily. Most days, I would spend hours perfecting my make-up in the morning and feeling something fierce, but before I walked out the door, my skin was a glaring mess again! How frustrating is that?
After doing a little research on the web, I found that a very common household product was the cure to my embarrassing predicament. Every day I would use oil-control soaps and toners before applying my foundation and concealers. Sure, I had a smooth matte surface to begin with for a minute or two but by the time as I was finished with my make-up, it looked a hot mess. The solution for oily skin was so simple that I could not believe it was almost literally right under my nose! It is less than a buck in most places and you can find it just about anywhere. Gas stations, drug stores, grocery stores, and maybe even street-side vendors sell this amazing product. Yes, it is that common! Are you ready for this?
- Wash you face thoroughly, ensuring that you wash away all grease and oil from the areas the milk of magnesia will be applied.
- Next, clean your face with an oil-free toner using a cotton swab. Clean until the swabs come out spotless.
- Shake your bottle of milk of magnesia for at least 10-12 seconds, making certain to blend well.
- Wet a clean cotton swab with the milk of magnesia and dab lightly over your entire face and to neck. You want to apply a thin even layer and not a blotchy mess.
- Allow your face and neck to dry completely.
- Take a clean dry cotton swab and lightly dust off the excess milk of magnesia from your skin making sure there are no white caked areas. This step is important because if not done evenly it will show through your foundation.
- In assuming that you use oil-free make-up for oily skin issues, apply your make-up as usual.
- You are done! Enjoy a smooth matte finish all day long without having to dab.