Extensions offer versatility without sacrificing your own hair. Depending on the quality and hair type, you can wash it, curl it, fry and dye it to change up your look as often as possible. However, there may come a time when you want to switch up your straight hair to make it curly or wavy. Curling your straight extensions is not only time consuming but it also damages the hair overtime. Nevertheless, instead of curling your extensions every day, taking up precious time and effort, you can boil it to satisfy your internal curl lover.
Things You Will Need:
Perm Rods (large, medium and small)
Large Boiling Pot (size should be large enough to accommodate all your hair)
Extra virgin Olive Oil and Conditioner
- First, take the large boiling pot and fill it half full with water. Once the pot is full, turn on the heat source on either a gas or electric stove. The heat should be hot enough to bring the water to a boil.
- Next, add a few drops of extra virgin olive oil and less than a palm full of conditioner to the water. Let the water continue to boil while you are placing the extensions on the perm rods.
- Begin to place the extensions on the perm rods. Your perm rods should vary in size from small to large. The larger the perm rod, the looser the curl will be. The smaller the perm rod, the tighter the curl will be. For short hair, start at the base of the weft or extension and begin to wrap the hair around the perm rod and close the end of the rod. For longer hair extensions, start at the end of the hair and wrap the hair around the extension in the same way that you would wrap hair for a roller set. If you want a wavy look, twist the hair before adding it to the rods.
- Adjust the water temperature. The water should be boiling up pretty good by now. Adjust the water temperature down to a simmer. The water should still be boiling but not as aggressively at this point.
- Once all of the extensions are in place on the perm rods, carefully add the extensions to the water. The extensions should boil for a period of no less than two and a half hours.
- After the time has elapsed, remove the pot from the heat and turn off the heat source.
- Let the extensions air dry overnight.
- Once the extensions are completely dry, remove the extensions from the perm rods one by one until all the perm rods are removed.
- Shampoo and condition or co-wash the extensions before installing.
- Enjoy your new curly or wavy hair extensions.