Hey Social Butterflies! Have you ever been in bind and you really need to get your weave done; but you really didn’t have enough to pay for a new install and new hair? All you have is some old virgin hair you wore a few months ago or the hair that’s currently installed now. Ladies, we are discussing “How to Bring that Old Virgin Hair Back!”
Yes it is possible to bring it back, but you are going to have to do some work. First you will need to wash and deep condition the hair. Everyone has their favorite shampoo and deep condition me personally I use TRESemme Moisture Rich shampoo and conditioner and I deep condition the hair with Silicone Mix.
You can deep condition hair by just letting it set covered in conditioner in a plastic bag over night or you can place the hair in the microwave in a plastic bag for a minute.
After you deep condition rinse off deep conditioner and let the hair air dry. It’s imperative that you let your hair air dry because blow drying the hair will dry it out.
- Don’t worry to much what the hair looks like when dry. Have your hair installed and then get to work!
- Once your hair is installed, it will need to be blow dried with a paddle brush. Paddle brush blow dry for about 15 mins.
- Next use a liquid shine or light serum oil, I like Design Essentials Reflections Liquid Shine or Moroccan Oil. Place some serum oil or liquid shine in your hands not a lot and rub into the weave hair.
- Now you will flat iron the hair row by row. Make sure you use a really hot flat iron you can lightly spray the hair with the liquid shine or oil sheen but you do not want to use a lot and make the hair greasy.
- Note that the older virgin or remy hair gets the harder it will hold a curl so you may have to just wear a sleek part down the middle or side part warp. You should warp your hair every night and were a satin scarf.
It’s just that simple with a little TLC you can “Bring Back that Old Virgin Hair!” If you have any questions or you want to share your tips pleas leave a comment.
Peace and Love!